The school is housed in a one single storey building with seven classrooms all with new furniture, a library, a group room, resources room, cooking area and hall.
West Green School has a long history dating back to 1953. The school has been on its present site since 1953 when it was opened as the first new school to be provided for Crawley New Town. In 2004 we entered an exciting phase in our history as we expanded to become a primary school.
We provide a culture of high expectation as we strive for excellence, to ensure that our children become confident individuals with strong self-esteem, who believe they will achieve and be the best they can be.
At West Green Primary School we see education as an investment for the future. Our children are the most natural resource we have and we believe education should be built on the abilities and talents presented by each individual and unique child, respecting the values and traditions of our diverse community. We pride ourselves on providing a stimulating and safe environment where children are enthusiastic about coming to school and go home at the end of the day happy and fulfilled.
At West Green Primary School we will:
- Create a calm orderly environment where respect for the individual is paramount
- Value every individual and enable them to play a full and active part in every aspect of school life
- Employ positive approaches and high expectations to ensure all reach their full potential
- Work in close partnership with parents and carers and other outside agencies ensuring the best possible care
- Guarantee equal opportunity for all regardless of age, gender, race, colour, creed or disability
- Work to meet the needs of all our colleagues and pupils in our care and nurture and develop self esteem, empathy and social awareness
- Equip children with the basic skills of learning principally through first hand experience
- Provide a rich and varied curriculum relevant for the 21st century
- Provide learning experiences which are carefully structured relevant and stimulating
- Provide the means for all members of the school community to become independent learners, confident, self disciplined and self-motivated, skilled in the art of negotiation, conflict resolution and discussion